Sunday, April 4, 2010

Tuesday-Sunday

Did alot of flat running this week with the exception of Tuesday's 5 x 3:00 on a moderate hill. I could really feel the turnover and speed making progress this week, by just plain running faster. Threw in some strides on Thursday, even a race report on Saturday and a 2 hour beach run Sunday moring before the Easter Bunny came.
I've thinking a little about where I want my training to go now that I won't be doing Mt. Washington. I think I'm leaning more toward training for a 3 hour effort, and then try and pick some races in that range. In the meantime I look forward to this local 10k, Rock2Rock, that I'll be lucky to break 1 hour on. It's pretty much an up/down with 2,000' of climbing on the way up in less than 3 miles, then a nasty descent before the grade calms down a little. The last mile is a moderate grade on trecherous terrain. Great local race that's part of the La Sportiva Series.














5 comments:

  1. Crap - so the blog name changes again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I need to be a little more general for the name of my blog, I'll probably keep on doing more than one race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the header. Ascent is still open - you should change the name of your blog to 14,115'?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to do the Ascent? Or wait until 2011. . .

    Send prosperity vibes my way: if I can earn a little extra cash to make it Imogene, I'd be all gleeful. You're planning that, no?

    btw, I got hold of a 12oz of Hopslam. Been hearing crazy things about it. Will judge for myself. . .to. . night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd very much like to do the Ascent this year, it will be a while before Wave 1 fills so I have some time to decide. I'm just waiting to see how my fitness comes around, I don't want to attempt that climb w/o being really fit. I'd like to do IPR, but it's so much harder and time consuming to get to Telluride, I don't think I'll have that kind of time in Sept. I already know of some travel I'll be doing that month. With PPA I can fly directly in/out of CS very easily and w/o alot of cost. That's why I'm leaning towards the Ascent. Hopslam is good, you'll like it, but it's nothing a whole lot different than all the other really hoppy DIPA's, more of the same good stuff.

    ReplyDelete