Friday, September 24, 2010

Day 98 - 1,890' = 150,000'

Another beautiful morning on Loon Mtn. A much different beauty than yesterday, but nonetheless, equally as beautiful. An amazing lake a few hundred feet below the summit, socked in with fog was the 150,000' mark. Really couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, serene spot. I could have stayed there all day with Maureen.
So, 150,000' up, 0' to go.


A much different view than yesterday morning.
Getting a little higher getting into more fog.
A few hundred feet below the summit and it's all socked in.
A beautiful lake that marks the 150,000' mark.
Socked in with fog, it's a great sight. I will, however, find my way here once things clear up a little to see the mountains surrounding this lake. A solid altimeter watch that made it possible for me to plan exactly where I wanted to ascend to this morning. It also calculated all of the 150,000' of vertical I've done in the past 98 days.

3 comments:

  1. Yahoo! Wow. So did the 100 days go by fast or slow? :) Or both...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brett! It actually went by very quickly. I was very lucky to be able to run in some great places the past 100 days. Combine that with being a little worried that I wouldn't hit my mark, time went by very fast!

    Thanks GZ!

    ReplyDelete