Saturday, August 27, 2011

No Shut-In for me.

Had heard that Shut-In was full so e-mailed the RD and he responded with "race has been full for a while."
F-that!
This is the 3rd year in a row that's happened to me. Certainly not complaining about the process since I know these type of races have entry limits, but DAMN!
I'll just run the course on my own on a day when I'm feelin' well. This way I can continue to do what I like to do best. Run. And there's no pressure to train - just run. I've been a little obsessed lately doing my own TT's, so I'll continue to hit those, especially my Connect the Dots TT. In the meantime, I'm going to start to hook up with these guys - this is right up my alley anyway(except for the ultra stuff - I'm still just a 2-3 hour guy!). I really like their Fitness Challenges and plan to head over to Kitsuma real soon, then out to Little Hump in September.

4 comments:

  1. You know...the definition of crazy is regularly repeating an action and expecting a different outcome. To restore you sanity, next year you must register early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Jim - isn't it crazy that they made the mistake 3 years in a row now ;-). Yea, if I'm still interested next year I'll be standing at Jus Runnings front door the day registration opens with 3 pens in my shirt pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, yeah - how did you screw up the reg? Is there a wait list?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nobody's fault but mine. No on line reg and I don't have a printer. Just never made it to the RD's store to register soon enough I guess. There is a wait list but I'm not interested in training for something that's not certain. Having too much dfun hitting the trails and hammering out a TT or 2 every week.

    ReplyDelete