Sunday, January 8, 2012

VerticALE quick wrap up


All I can say is watch out Slim...
You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit in the wind
You don't pull the mask off a ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Tim.

Yeah, Tim went 11:58 followed by
John at 12:48,
Adam 14:12,
Clay 14:26,
Brandon 16:00
All on a 663' mile with the last quarter (run with 48 oz of PBR in our bellies) being a 253' fell climb in the dense fog - absolutely perfect for this fun run!
Our top 5's total time was 1:09:24!!

I would say, for myself, I had a great day of running and a poor day of drinking. My friend Brian summed it up as he was video taping us on the last quarter, he said to me "You have not properly trained for this Rick - far too much running and not enough drinking."
I can say that this is HARD. I can run hills and I can chug a beer, but I cannot BURP! This is the key folks, if your body won't burp immediately, it's tough to get the beers down. I went 18:54, spending 9:15 drinking and 9:39 running!

Great time with even better people - photos and video to follow.


2 comments:

  1. I had a blast Rick! Can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U Da Mon Brandon! 16:00 is solid on that beast! And what did you run yesterday? 27 miles with over 6,000' of vert? Nice warm up for the VerticALE I'd say!

    ReplyDelete