Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm goin' to Jackson...

...look out Jacksontown. After a 5:30 flight out of Asheville this morning to Memphis, then a 90 minute drive I'm in Jackson, TN and I have not been able to get that Cash/Carter tune out of my head. The hotel I'm in is right next to Union University so I thought this would be a great place to get my run in and not worry about cars. Parked at the athletics field house and in less than 5 minutes I found the XC Team's very well marked 8k course. Very nice soft, golf course type terrain, felt good on my legs. But, going against a strong headwind in the middle of an open field on soft ground can make me feel really slow. Or, should I say confirm I'm slow? I did have a nice 1 hour run and threw some stides in as well. Quite happy I found what I found and was able to take it easy on the impact today while getting a good run in for the heart and lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment