Sunday, November 7, 2010

Endurance

I'm glad I bought this movie a few years ago and cannot wait to watch it again with my kids in a few years when I think they'll have a better understanding of what it's all about. Shit, I can't even completely comprehend what it's like growing up on a farm in Ethiopia, but I hope that my kids will, at least, see what I see in the movie about Geb. I will definately miss seeing the smile on this guys face as he toes the line and will miss the drama that surrounds a WR everytime he raced. I'm sure we'll see more of Haile as he is a great ambassador to T&F as well as the people of his country.
5 miles (132) nice and easy.

5 comments:

  1. Agreed. It was the disappointment at the time. Give it a few weeks and he'll be planning what's next. Interesting how he just signed on to run a Feb marathon last week too...Tokyo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds right to me. I heard that as well - I think on the MarathonTalk podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good to hear. I sort of thought he had his mind made up before the race that this would be the last. Can't really blame him if he does though - other than lowering the marathon WR, not sure what's left for him. I don't think money's an issue, so perhaps just the loving what he's doing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear that...I love it too...


    “Adopt the pace of nature; her secret is patience.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
    --carmelo spyder ski

    ReplyDelete